The licensing of a product with the INSECT RESPECT quality seal is generally carried out individually and specific to the product. The following method is used:
1 Basic award criteria:
• Does the product and its specification conform the legal requirements?
• Are the instructions for use complete?
• Does the tender occur without minimization and unconcrete statements („nature“, „naturally“…)?
• Are (if needed) all active components declared? (not: ingredient)
• Is the registration number valid?
• Is the sender specification complete?
2 Insect Respect Philosophy
• Is the product in accordance with the Insect Respect Philosophy?
• Is the partner willing to campaign for less biocidal use?
• The partner must advocate verifiably for the environment and have sustainability fixed in his company philosophy.
3 Product Philosophy
Does the Product fulfill the following criteria?
• No Insecticides
• No identification mark as dangerous to the environment
• No belittlement of harms
• Complete compensation of the application damages
• Elaborated instruction for use for a directed and thereby effective control
• Useful information for prevention
4 Determination of the additional price (including license fees)
• Calculation of the intervention following the scientific model (Insect's biomass per product)
• Calculation of the compensation (needed area in cm² for compensation)
• Programmed amount
• Compensation costs
• Where required additional price for more environmentally sustainable product design
• License fee
• Assignment to existing compensation area or
• Installation of a new compensation area
• Generally before the sale of products
If all criteria are fulfilled and the process is implemented, the label gets assigned.
The INSECT RESPECT quality seal applies to a product series without a time limit as long as it fulfills the above-mentioned points.
Third party review
A conformity check of the compensation calculations for products, designed with the Insect Respect compensation model, is carried out by an independent auditing company. Download the current audit report here (pdf, German).